Translate

Are you noticing me?

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

YouTube Red

Youtube is such a great site, like all the memories I've had with it and the old videos i used to watch countless times rangeing back to 2007 where videos like Angry German Kid, Smosh's Pokemon cover, Fred being the most subscribed YouTube channel and so on and so fourth. Then now we have more great content and content creators such as the the person with 44 million subs PewDiePie, Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, The Creatures, Game Grumps, Vanossgaming, and so on, but the difference with then and now are the ads. You would be scrolling through YouTube and seeing your favourite YouTuber just uploaded a new video, with so much excitement you have you click on it the BAM an add that you have to go through and if you're really lucky you either get no ads or the add where you can skip after 5 seconds which feels a lot much more longer than 5 seconds. But now there's YouTube Red where it disables adds, it sounds too good to be true, but just like that BAM (again) you have to pay $9.99 a month just for the removal of adds for videos. Now in my opinion that is a really dumb thing to have and to do because basically you're just paying $9.99 a month for a little thing in YouTube which actually helps YouTube grow as a website and as a community as it helps content creators to make more content for us. But there is also another solution to this since there is an app in the google chrome store where it's basically an add blocker which blocks all adds in YouTube so you wouldn't be interrupted when you're having a video marathon and the YouTubers would still get paid too.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dylan! Ad-less YouTube does sound too good to be true in our current time, but the fact you have to pay $9.99 for a month. Yes there will be no ads on YouTube when you get YouTube Red, but its not only that, there are exclusive shows that you can only view when having YouTube Red from big YouTubers such as PewDiePie, IIsuperwomanII and WongFu Productions. I would probably end up getting YouTube Red when there are more shows available so I could binge watch them all in the month time frame so the $9.99 would be worth it, and when I am not broke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeeeyy dooolaan. Don't you think YouTube is just farming for money now? Sometimes when I'm watching the YouTubers I like and I get an ad I normally refresh the page until I get a skiable ad. Ad-less YouTube sounds great but at the same time I feel like it's not exactly going to be worth my money. It will probably hurt the content creators like you said, which sucks. Also I have the same adblocker things that you mentioned making it so pointless to spend money for basically the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dylan! I totally agree with you that ads suck but i don't really blame youtube for having to get youtube red like they are a corporation and they need money to keep funding youtube! The reason Pewdiepie made scare Pewdiepie is so his fans can enjoy all the handwork he has done for us as well as earn a little extra money. I would get Youtube red when it's offered in Canada because the ads help yotubers get money and to be able to afford food and make more videos for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete